- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 12 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 16 slices mozzarella
- 4 Tbsp Staffords VIP sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Softened butter for spreading
- Prepare your braai and preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place rashers of bacon down neatly. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until just crispy.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices butter side down onto a braai grid. Spread each open slice with Staffords VIP sauce.
- Assemble the sandwiches by layering all the ingredients on top of the Staffords VIP sauce; cheese, tomato, onion and bacon. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spread the inside of the other bread slices with Staffords VIP sauce and top each sandwich, butter side out.
- Close the braai grid over the sandwiches and braai until well toasted and crunchy.
- Slice and serve straight away with extra VIP sauce for dipping.