- 150g butter, softened
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Staffords Vanilla Extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 150g flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp corn starch
- 24 Staffords Maraschino Cherries, without the stem
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Whisk together the flour and corn starch and then add to butter mixture. Mix until well incorporated.
- Divided mixture into 24 balls. Weighing the whole mixture, and then dividing by 24 and weighing each ball will create perfectly uniform biscuits.
- Roll mixture into balls and place 12 on each baking sheet, spacing them a few cm apart.
- Gently press down the mixture to flatten the biscuit slightly. Finally add a maraschino cherry to the centre of each one and press down until it fits snugly inside the biscuit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until barely taking on any colour. Allow to cool on baking trays and then transfer to a cooling rack.