Makes: 1 loaf
- 210g (1½ cups) cake flour
- 110g (½ cup) sugar
- 5ml baking powder
- 2ml bicarbonate of soda
- 2ml salt
- 60ml (¼ cup) oil
- 5ml Staffords Vanilla Extract with Seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 170g (1 cup) Staffords Choc Chips
50g Staffords White Choc Disks, melted
- Preheat the oven to 175° Grease a medium loaf tin.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Lightly whisk the oil, vanilla extract with seeds and eggs together. Stir in the bananas and pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and very gently stir the mixture together, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Spoon the melted white chocolate into a piping bag and pipe zig-zags across the top of the banana bread.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set, before serving in slices.