Makes: 8 – 12
- 5 large egg whites
- 290g caster sugar
- 10ml cornflour
- 5ml white wine vinegar
- 5ml Staffords Vanilla extract with Seeds
- 100g Staffords Choc Vermicelli
- Preheat the oven to 140° Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a spotlessly clean bowl, whisk the egg whites, using an electric whisk, for 2 minutes, on a medium speed. Increase the speed to high and whisk for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the sugar a little at a time, and keep whisking on high speed, until all of the sugar has been incorporated and the mixture is firm and glossy.
- Add the cornflour, vinegar, vanilla extract with seeds and ¾ of the choc vermicelli and gently fold in using a metal spoon.
- Spoon dollops of the meringue onto baking paper and top with the remaining vermicelli.
- Place in the hot oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 130°
- Bake for 40 minutes and turn the oven off. Do not open the oven door, leave the meringues inside to cool completely or leave overnight.