For the waffle batter:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Staffords Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups warm milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp Staffords Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Staffords Cinnamon Sugar, for dusting
For the dipping sauce:
- 100g dark chocolate
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
Fresh seasoning berries, for serving
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs then add in the milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix until well incorporated.
- Using a ladle fill the waffle iron to the instructed level. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle waffles with Staffords cinnamon sugar on both sides.
- While the waffles are cooking, melt dark chocolate and cream together in a bain marie. Once the chocolate has melted stir in the ½ tsp of salt.
- Serve waffles with fresh seasonal berries and melted chocolate on the side for dipping and drizzling.