- 2kg pork belly, deboned
- 2 Tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 360g jar Staffords Apple Sauce
- Oven roasted potatoes
- Fresh green salad with apple slices & a mustard dressing
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Place pork on a clean work surface. Pat rind bone dry with paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork belly skin and fat, without cutting into the meat.
- Whisk together the salt, five spice and pepper.
- Rub the skin and meat of the pork belly with the spice mix.
- Place the pork belly on a wire rack set on top of a baking tray and place in the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C, then roast for a further 3 hours or until the pork is tender and cooked through, and the skin is crisp.
- Rest the pork belly, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then cut into thick slices and serve with salad and apple sauce.