Tip: weigh everything accurately
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp Staffords Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 30g Staffords Pure Honey
- 200g flour
- 10g baking powder
- 50g milk
- 200g butter, melted and cooled
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add the vanilla, orange zest and honey. Mix.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder and then add to egg mixture. Mix.
- Finally whisk through the milk and melted butter.
- Transfer batter to 2 piping bags. (Or zip lock bags) Rest batter in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Butter and flour a 12 piece madeleine pan.
- Snip off the end of the piping bag and pipe about 2 tablespoons of batter into each shell.
- Place pan into oven and immediately turn the oven down to 150˚C.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until a nice hump has formed on the madeleine and the shell side down is golden brown.
- Repeat with the other piping bag of mixture and serve madeleines piping hot straight out of the pan.