Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour 30 minutes + chilling
- 4 medium free-range egg whites
- 200g castor sugar
- 2tsp cornflour
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 2tsp Staffords Vanilla Extract with Seeds
- 1 x 150g pack Staffords Dark Choc Discs
- 400g fresh strawberries or other mixed fresh berries
- 250ml cream
- ½ x 500g jar Staffords Lemon Curd
- Heat the oven to 130°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a spotlessly clean bowl, whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add the castor sugar in stages, whisking until stiff peaks form – don’t overwhisk the whites once they’re stiff!
- Now quickly whisk in the cornflour, lemon juice and Staffords Vanilla Extract with Seeds. Spoon onto the baking sheet, making a 23cm circle with a hollow in the middle. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes until crisp. Turn off the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the Staffords Dark Choc Discs in a bowl over simmering water. Dip ⅔ of the berries in the chocolate and allow to set on a wire rack.
- When you are ready to serve, whisk the cream until quite thick. Gently stir through the Staffords Lemon Curd to create a marble effect. Spoon the lemon cream into the meringue just before serving. Top with all the berries and drizzle with a little extra melted chocolate, if you like.