STAFFORDS LOVE BAKING COMPETITION: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All persons entering the Love Baking Staffords Competition (“the promotional competition”) (“the entrants”) agree that the promotional competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them.
- The promoter of the promotional competition is Stafford Bros and Draeger (Pty) Ltd (“the promoter”).
- The promotional competition will run from 1 March 2019 until midnight on 31 May 2019. Entries received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- Entrants can find the participating products (see list below)* in selected participating stores.
- The promotional competition will be promoted on the Staffords Facebook and Instagram pages and by means of the placement of a promotional competition sticker on the selected participating products (see list below)*.The Staffords Vanilla Extract and Staffords Honey do not bear a sticker but they are participating products in terms of recipe development for purposes of the promotional competition.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 (eighteen) years old and have a identity document or passport and reside in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the promotional competition.
- Entrants must have a valid South African bank account to enable the promoter to electronically transfer the prize money should they be a winner.
- The entrant acknowledges that by partaking in the promotional competition, he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and that he/she understands and agrees to these terms and conditions.
- Directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the promotional competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of such persons, or anyone who supplies any goods or services in connection with this promotional competition, the sponsoring company/companies and/or agents and/or consultants involved in the promotional competition are not eligible for entry.
HOW TO ENTER
- In order to enter the promotional competition and stand a chance to win entrants must:
- Create your own unique, original recipe using your favourite Staffords product(s).
- Visit the Stafford Bros and Draeger (Pty) Ltd website at www.staffordbros.com
- Complete the submission form and submit your recipe (with at least 1 (one) of the participating Staffords products) on the competition page (www.staffordbros.com/competition)
- The following must be completed for an entry to be valid:
- Name and surname;
- ID number;
- Telephone number;
- Email address; and
- Submit a recipe which contains at least 1 (one) of the participating Staffords products (see list below*)
- Recipes that do not contain the mention of a specific participating Staffords product(s) will be disqualified.
- Each entry must contain a unique recipe. If multiples of the same recipe are entered with the only difference being 1 (one) or more Staffords product(s) or other ingredient substituted for another, the recipe will deemed to be a duplicate. If multiple entries of the same recipe are received, only the first entry submitted will accepted as valid and duplications will be set aside.
- Entrants are only entitled to 1 (one) prize each should they be selected as a winner.
- No responsibility is accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical, network or IT reasons. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entrants are expected to pay their own cost of connecting to the internet.
- Win 1 (one) of 5 (five) hampers each consisting of R3000 (three thousand rand) cash together with a Staffords product hamper to the value of R500 (five hundred rand) each.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prize promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS
- All unique, original recipes submitted in the valid recipe format (clause 10) will be presented to a panel of representatives of the Staffords brand and 5 (five) winning recipes will be selected.
- The 5 (five) winning recipes selected are entirely in the panel’s sole discretion and their decision is final.
- The 5 (five) potential winners will be contacted on the phone number provided in their entry submission as soon as reasonably possible after the decision taking place. If the winners consent thereto, their names will be announced on the Staffords Facebook and Instagram pages within 14 (fourteen) working days from date of the decision taking place.
- Once the winners have been determined there will be an announcement on the promoter’s Facebook page. In line with data protection legislation, the names of winners will only be announced should they have consented to having their names disclosed.
- The promoter will make 2 (two) attempts to contact the selected potential winner. If the selected potential winner cannot be contacted personally within 2 (two) working days, or if after first being contacted by the promoter, is not reachable, or the potential winner fails to provide the promoter with the required information to hand over the prize, the potential winner will forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be selected from remaining qualifying entrants. This process shall continue until the winner has been contacted in terms of the terms and conditions.
- By entering the promotional competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the promotional competition terms and conditions and the promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the promotional competition, including interpretation of these terms and conditions, will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will need to provide positive identification to the promoter to receive the prize and will be required to furnish the promoter with information as required by the CPA.
- For the winner’s protection and security reasons, the promoter will request positive identification and written confirmation from the South African bank for the validity of the banking details provided. The promoter will not make payment into another person’s account without the written consent of the account holder. If they are eligible and confirmed as the winner, the money will be deposited directly into a South African bank account of their choosing.
- The promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the entrant is not eligible to enter, the winner is not eligible to win, they have contravened any of these terms and conditions, they have acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the promotional competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as being dishonest, scamming or circumventing the rules of the promotional competition, they have acted fraudulently with regards to the promotional competition, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the winner fails to accept the prize after 3 (three) attempts for any reason whatsoever, if after first being contacted by the promoter, the potential winner or winner is not reachable, or the potential winner or winner fails to provide the promoter with the required information to hand over the prize. In this instance the entrant will be disqualified from entering or the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
UNDERTAKING & GRANTING OF RIGHTS IN RECIPE SUBMITTED
- As an entrant into this promotional competition, the entrant gives an undertaking that:
- all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
- the recipe submitted is their own and does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- they have all necessary rights and licences in respect of the recipe submitted to grant the rights set out in these terms and conditions;
- the exercise of the rights granted to the promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
- the entrant will indemnify the promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these undertakings.
- The promoter would like to publish the winning recipes by sharing it with the media and take photographs of the recipes and/or the winners. Winners have the right to decline permission to use their name or image in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity. Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the promoter may publish the winner’s name, photographs and recipe on different media channels and platforms, including but not limited to, the promoter’s Facebook page, Instagram account or website, if applicable, without any liability to the promoter or remuneration due to the winners.
- The entrant grants to the promoter the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit the recipe in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice or any compensation to the entrant. The entrant further agrees, upon the promoter’s request and without compensation, to sign any and all necessary and appropriate documents so as to effect, perfect or record such grant of license rights.
- The entrant acknowledges that the promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these terms and conditions and any communication of your recipe to the public by the promoter is at the complete discretion of the promoter.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FUTURE COMMUNICATION
- By entering, an entrant acknowledges that personal information about the entrant will be shared with the promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the promotional competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
- All personal information relating to the entrants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
- Where the entrant indicates that he/she would like the promoter to contact them in the future, he/she agrees that their relevant personal details will be held by the promoter and may be used by the same to send them information about the promoter’s products and/or services.
- If in the future, where entrants do not wish to receive further communications from the promoter and would prefer their details to be removed from its database, or if they simply wish to make corrections to their details on to how they receive communications from the promoter, they simply need to inform us in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winners have the right to decline permission to use their names or images in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity. Should the winners verbally or otherwise agree to it, the promoter may publish their names and images on, including but not limited to, the Staffords Facebook page, Facebook account and/or website, if applicable, without any liability to the promoter or remuneration due to the winners.
LIABILITY AND RISK
- NB: These terms and conditions and promotional competition rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which may limit the risk or liability of the promoter or a third party; and/or may create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or may compel the entrant to indemnify the promoter or a third party; and/or serves as an acknowledgement, by the entrant, of a fact.
- The entrant’s attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the CPA.
- All entrants to this promotional competition participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoter and all entities, subsidiaries or holding companies of the promoter, their directors, employees and agents, inclusive of the advertising agency, of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotional competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or willful misconduct of any indemnified party.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the promotional competition, any promotional competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the promoter will not be liable for any defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by entrants.
- The promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- The promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the promotional competition or terminate the promotional competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The promotional competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the promoter, at any time during the promotional competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all entrants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this promotional competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoter whatsoever.
- South African law shall govern these promotional competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Should the promoter feel that the promotional competition terms and conditions need certain clarification, these will be available on the Stafford Bros and Draeger website (www.staffordbros.com)
- For more information or for a copy of these terms and conditions visit www.staffordbros.com, or email email@example.com.
- *Participating products:
- Staffords Milk Choc Disks
- Staffords White Choc Disks
- Staffords Dark Choc Disks
- Staffords Choc Chips
- Staffords Choc Vermicelli
- Staffords Rainbow Vermicelli
- Staffords Lemon Curd
- Staffords Cinnamon Sugar
- Staffords Honey (product does not bear sticker in store)
- Staffords Vanilla Extract (product does not bear sticker in store)