Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Worth the effort
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- ½ cup leftover cooked stuffing, crumbled (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 3ml Staffords chilli paste
- 3ml Staffords ginger paste
- 1 cup melty, stringy cheese like Mozzarella, Cheddar or even a combination of leftovers from the festive cheese platter, grated
- Gently fry the onion in the olive oil until it becomes translucent. Add the turkey and heat through. Add the stuffing, if using, and fry for 1 minute more. Add the chilli and ginger paste.
- Meanwhile, heat and lightly grease a large frying pan (or spray with low-kilojoule spray). Top with ¼ cup cheese and half the turkey. Add another ¼ cup cheese and another tortilla. Toast in the pan, carefully flipping once, until golden brown and cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges and serve.