- 1.5kg beef brisket Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 large onions, sliced into half moons
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ tsp liquid smoke 500ml beef broth 1 cup VIP sauce
- ½ cup VIP sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 flour or corn tortillas
- Freshly cooked corn, cut off the cob
- Tomato, onion & coriander salsa
- Pickled jalapeños
- Sliced spring onions
- Sour cream
- Fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
- VIP sauce for drizzling
- Pat the brisket dry and trim off any excess fat. Slice into 2 or 3 pieces to fit snugly into slow cooker. Rub brisket with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Place brisket in the slow cooker. Top with the onions, garlic, liquid smoke, beef broth and the 1 cup of VIP sauce. Cover with the lid and cook on slow for 6 hours.
- Remove brisket and allow to cool slightly before shredding.
- Reserve cooking sauce and allow to cool.
- Skim off excess fat and reduce the rest of the sauce until thickened.
- Blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Toss shredded brisket through the sauce and add the fresh ½ cup of VIP sauce and dried oregano.
To assemble the tacos:
Add a generous mound of brisket to each tortilla and top with a corn, salsa, pickled jalapeños, spring onions and fresh coriander. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, lime wedges and extra VIP sauce for drizzling.