- 30ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 baby marrows, sliced
- 15ml Staffords garlic paste
- 5ml Staffords chilli paste
- 5ml Staffords ginger paste
- 15ml garam masala
- 10ml ground coriander
- 5ml medium curry powder
- 500g oven-roasted butternut
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained & rinsed
- 60ml Staffords cranberry jelly
- 3 bay leaves
- 125ml cream
- 125ml milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Generous pinch salt & black pepper
- yellow raisin and almond rice
- tomato and onion salad
- Staffords cranberry jelly
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the baby marrow, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in garam masala, coriander and curry powder and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish and smooth the top. Arrange the bay leaves on top.
- Mix the remaining topping ingredients together and pour over the lentil mixture.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden and set.
- Serve the yellow raisin and almond rice, a tomato and onion salad and Staffords cranberry jelly.