Makes 2 indulgent toasties
- 160g cooked gammon, thinly sliced
- 150g finely grated gruyère cheese
- 4 Tbsp fresh style mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 slices sourdough, large
- 4 Tbsp Staffords Apple Jelly, whisked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven on grill setting.
- In a bowl combine the gruyère, mayonnaise and dijon mustard. Mix well.
- Place the slices of sourdough on a baking sheet and toast in the oven under the grill until just toasted and golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Spread half the apple jelly on 2 slices of the toasted bread. Set aside.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the other two slices of toasted bread.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and is turning golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top each one with sliced gammon. Return to the oven for a minute to heat up the gammon.
- Remove from the oven and spoon over the remaining apple jelly. Season with black pepper.
- Top the cheese & gammon sandwich halves with the other slices of bread.
- Cut in half and serve hot.