- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- milled black pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- red pepper & yellow pepper
Ginger & Soy Sauce:
- 5ml Staffords garlic paste
- 10ml Staffords ginger paste
- 30ml rice wine vinegar
- 60ml Staffords thick soy sauce
- spring onions, thinly sliced
- bean sprouts
- fresh coriander and/or mint leaves
- lime wedges
- Whisk the Ginger & Soy Sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Arrange the fish fillets on a sheet of foil and season with black pepper.
- Baste the fish with all of the Ginger & Soy Sauce and top with the fennel and peppers.
- Wrap the foil into a parcel to fully enclose the fish, to allow it to steam. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Carefully open the fish parcels and transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with spring onions, bean sprouts and fresh coriander and/or mint leaves.
- Serve at once with some jasmine rice, if desired, and lime wedges.