- 600g chicken fillets or beef fillet (or 300g of each)
- bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water
- 5ml Staffords garlic paste
- 5ml Staffords ginger paste
- 30ml oil
- 30ml brown sugar
- 30ml mirin
- 80ml Staffords thick soy sauce
- 125ml Staffords sticky chicken marinade
- 80ml water
- fresh coriander leaves
- Mix all of the teriyaki ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken and/or beef into even-sized strips and place in 2 separate non-metallic bowls. Divide the marinade between the chicken and beef and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Thread the chicken and/or beef onto the soaked and drained skewers.
- Preheat a pan or braai and grill the skewers for 2 – 3 minutes, per side, or until cooked through.
- Cook the remainder of the marinade for 5 – 10 minutes, in a small pan on the stove, or until it reduces. Baste the cooked skewers with the sauce before serving.
- Serve with rice tossed with spring onion & toasted sesame seeds. Top with some fresh coriander leaves before serving.