600g chicken fillets or beef fillet (or 300g of each)
bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water
5ml Staffords Garlic paste
5ml Staffords Ginger paste
80ml Staffords Thick soy sauce
125ml Staffords Teriyaki sauce
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken and/or beef into even-sized strips and place in 2 separate non-metallic bowls. Divide the marinade between the chicken and beef and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Thread the chicken and/or beef onto the soaked and drained skewers.
- Preheat a pan or braai and grill the skewers for 2 – 3 minutes, per side, or until cooked through.
- Cook the remainder of the marinade for 5 – 10 minutes, in a small pan on the stove, or until it reduces. Baste the cooked skewers with the sauce before serving.
- Serve with rice tossed with spring onion & toasted sesame seeds. Top with some fresh coriander leaves before serving.
fresh coriander leaves