- 400g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 birds eye chillies, sliced
- 1 x 400g tin Italian crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin Staffords artichoke hearts
- 125ml chicken stock
- 125ml cream
- 150g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- handful fresh rosemary
- juice of half a lemon
- 100g Italian smoked pancetta
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ˆC. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place pancetta on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Sauté onion in a large saucepan with olive oil. Add the garlic, chilli and some freshly chopped rosemary and cook for a minute. Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for five minutes. Season well.
- Drain artichoke hearts and slice into quarters.
- Add to the pan along with the chicken stock and cream. Simmer for a further five minutes and then add chopped sundried tomatoes and the juice of half a lemon.
- While the sauce is on the go- cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta. Add to the saucepan with a splash of cooking water and toss well.
- Serve the pasta with a generous grating of Parmesan cheese, some freshly chopped rosemary and broken shards of crispy pancetta.