Serves 4 – 6
- 30ml olive oil
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g cabbage or Brussel sprouts, finely shredded
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 45ml butter
- 60ml milk
- 30 – 45ml Staffords Creamed Horseradish
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and ground white pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the spring onions and cabbage or Brussel sprouts for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain well and return to the pan.
- Place the butter and milk into a small pan and heat, until the butter is melted.
- Pour the hot mixture over the hot potatoes and mash until the potatoes are light and fluffly.
- Stir in the creamed horseradish and cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Fold in the reserved cabbage mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grilled sausages, roast chicken or meatloaf.