Serves : 4
- 600g lamb boerewors / sausages, casing removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 medium flour wraps
- 1 cup / ± 250g greek-style yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Staffords Mint Sauce
- 1 mediterranean cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
To serve: fresh mint leaves and lime wedges
For the pickled onions:
Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar and give it a good shake. Make sure the onions are submerged.
Leave at room temperature while preparing the rest. Roll heaped tablespoons of the lamb sausage into balls. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs for 10–15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Toast wraps over a flame to char the edges. Or warm in a dry non-stick pan. Mix yoghurt and mint sauce together.
Spread a dollop of minty yoghurt onto each wrap. Top with some cucumber ribbons. Divide the meatballs between the wraps and crumble over feta.
Scatter with pickled onions and torn fresh mint leaves. Season and serve with plenty of lime wedges.