Serves 6 – 8
- 1.2kg boneless pork belly, cut into large cubes
- 10ml Staffords garlic paste
- 5ml Staffords ginger paste
- 3ml Chinese five-spice powder
- 10ml oil
- 80ml Staffords thick soy sauce
- 60ml Staffords sweet thick soy sauce
- 45ml Staffords Sticky meat marinade
- 45ml honey
- salt and milled black pepper
- 500ml cold water
- Rub the garlic, ginger and five spice powder into the pork belly. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pork belly, in batches, skin side down for 2 minutes. Arrange the pork in an ovenproof casserole, skin side up.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour around the pork. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook in the oven for 2 ½ – 3 hours, or until the pork is meltingly tender.
- Serve drizzled with any remaining cooking liquid, steamed rice and bok choy or seasonal greens.